Monday, April 29, 2013

At the office


"Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed." - C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew


I'm still at the office. It's 9.23pm ... and no, I'm not here because I have work to do. I'm just too lazy to drive home. Yeah, big surprise there.

Kenneth is next to me. He's planning to take the 11pm ride home ...

"Do you think that I should take the risk and go back at 10?" Kenneth just asked.

Well, here's the story. There's this crazy lady who uses the office transportation thingy (like Kenneth) at 10pm every work night and Kenneth tries to avoid her because according to him, she's mentally unstable.

He told me once that she tried to kick him out of the van while screaming like a mad woman, going "This is Sparta!" and the van driver had to stop the vehicle by a busy road, pull her by her hair and slap her a few times before she would calm down.

And that woman didn't even apologise to Kenneth for terrorising him and making him spill his fancy ass Jasmine tea all over his RM50 Romp hoodie when she kicked him around like a rag doll.

Okay, that didn't happen. I made that story up. But the woman does exist and I'm not sure about her mental status.

Anyway, Kenneth is on my left and he's doing something ... most probably nothing related to work.

The office is cold ... it feels like the North Pole here. I've never been to the North Pole (otherwise, I would've definitely blogged about the cannibalistic eskimos) but I have a feeling that this is how cold it would be over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment