Monday, May 27, 2013

Goodbye Kenneth

I walked into the office today and realised that something felt different ... Kenneth was not where he was supposed to be. Instead, he was sitting a few rows away ... somewhere far where I'm unable to bully ... I mean, interact with him.

How is this possible? How am I going to get through the day without making Kenneth feel bad about himself at least once? Who am I going to terrorise and make fun of now?

"Kenneth."

"Yeah ... yes?"

"Why are you not sitting next to me anymore?"

"Because I'm not doing the TV page anymore."

"Are you going to miss me?"

"Of course ... I'm missing you already."

"What would you miss the most about sitting next to me?"

"It's got to be borrowing your charger."

Okay, to tell the truth ... that iPhone charger belongs to Kenneth. But I've been using it so much that I make him ask for my permission before he gets to use his own frigging charger. And he does ... ask for my permission to use it ... and not only that, I've been letting Daryl borrow that charger as well. Even Daryl thinks it's mine.

"So how are we going to settle this charger problem?"

Kenneth just stood up. He's here (on my left) for a while, to use the computer to send someone a message. He walked off ... not because he's unable to answer the simple question but because someone called him.

I'm all alone now. No human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment